Aurora Velomobile Specification
||280cm (9' 2.25")
|Width of body
|| no roof 121cm 47.5”
||75 cm(29.5") (no load)
|Bottom Bracket Height
||36 kg (79 pounds)
- Wheels: Delta
style with three 20", 406 wheels. Underseat steering with
a completely enclosed drivetrain.
- Construction: Vacuum bagged or infused
shell using Graphite, Graphite/Vectran, Kevlar, Glass/polyester
and Glass laminates. Monocoque construction with graphite central
beam to which all the bike parts attach.
- Drivetrain:SRAM Dual Drive as a
middrive with triple chainring at the bottom bracket. Cog on middrive
is 24 tooth while cog on driven right axle is 18 tooth.
- Brakes: Mechanical disk brakes on
the rear wheels, V-brake on the front wheel which can also be used as a braking brake.
- Lights: LED turn/running lights front
and back, LED rear light, flashing light, second rear light which
is also a brake light, horn, provision for headlights.
- Rider size: The Aurora will accommodate
riders from 160 cm to 190 cm and maybe a bit more.
- Luggage capacity: 120 litres (plus 40 litres under and beside the seat).
- Suspension:The two rear wheels have a composite spring providing over 5 cm of travel. Spring stiffness can be modified to suit the rider. Front wheel has no suspension but is fairly lightly loaded.
- Power assist option available.